Detecting the Fly By Night Movers
Fly by night moving companies pop up over night as quickly as they shut down, they are up and running, sometimes the very next day. They create extreme heartache to innocent consumers plus the loss of thousands of dollars.
Who can explain what a fly by night mover is? These are people that offer you free packing material boxes etc. and will usually ask you for a cash deposit before they load your possessions. Once they have your goods in the truck they will add extra costs to your move example (heavy item fees ,mileage fees, gas fees etc.) and they will refuse to unload your goods unless you pay moremoney.Other methods include driving to your new residence and demanding to be payed before they unload in cash, basically they are holding your goods hostage.. Also cash is the only form of payment they will take.
ADT Movers continues to understand the concerns and fears of our customers ,and strives to make there moving experience as honest and stress free as possible. It is our commitement to give a full and rewarding service to all of our customers.
Most of your stress can be eliminated by choosing the right moving company.
Researching the company before you commit to one would be a wise task.
Most of the research can be done through the company web site and by asking the right questions.
Here are a few indicators that a customer should look for.
- The company’s web site does not offer proper detailed contact information.
- The company’s phone number is a cellular phone.
- The company has no insurance or a very high deductable.(movers are not professional)
- The company’s office and/or wharehouse does not exist.
- The company provides with an extremely low quote by phone.
Furthermore it is important that you feel a certain confidence with the salesperson that you will talk to on the phone. All your questions should be answered properly and without hesitations. Your moving experience should be pleaseant.
The Benefits of a Home Inventory
Good organization techniques are extremely important to implement when preparing for a move. Before the actual packing takes place, the priority task for homeowners should be to create an inventory list that details what they own and the estimated value of their belongings. Once a homeowner has established a concrete idea of what their property entails, they will be able to organize the rest of the move with relative ease.
Of the many benefits of keeping a running inventory during a move is that if a box should go missing, it can easily be identified along with its contents. The inventory also proves beneficial in cases where assets are damaged or lost on the moving day. With an inventory at hand, the owner will be better equipped when the time comes to file a loss claim with their insurance company. In addition to insurance benefits, a home inventory can help the homeowner visualize where they wish to place their belongings in their new home.
Protect Yourself From Identity Theft During a Move
During a move, multiple opportunities arise for identity thieves to gain access to your personal information and use it for their own financial gain. Homeowners and renters preparing for a move need to be more vigilant when it comes to protecting their personal information.
At ADT Moving, our customers trust in us to pack, move, and deliver their most beloved personal items with the utmost care and professionalism. It is standard procedure for us to have all our employees go through a complete background check and participate in an extensive training program to ensure that they can serve you best.
Tips to protect your identity during a move:
- We recommend that you submit a “Change of Address Form” through your local post office.
- Be sure to notify all organizations that you receive mail from on a regular basis. Some of these include your bank, other financial institutions, insurance companies, local government agencies, healthcare providers, schools, publications to which you subscribe.
- Shred sensitive documents or keep them with you.
- Do not leave behind any sensitive paperwork, credit card offers or documentation that identity thieves could use if they went through your trash.
- Transfer all important physical documents yourself that will be making the move, such as wills, stock certificates, tax returns, bonds, etc., to a safe and secure place such as a locked box.
Contact ADT Moving to schedule your move today. 514-766-3300 / 1-888-903-6686